Monday, June 10, 2013

Why I Am Fighting Charges of "Conduct Unbecoming': It's About Justice For All



As a teacher in the Plainfield Public Schools, I am a member of the district's bargaining
entity for teachers, support staff and security personnel, the Plainfield Education Association (PEA).

I am proud to be a member and an elected officer (2nd Vice President) of an organization that speaks up for the interests of these employees of the public school system with reference to working conditions, pay and the protection of our rights of free association and speech in pursuit of the community's common goal of educating and nurturing our youth and preparing them to be informed, skilled and active participants in society at large.

All this being said, I am disappointed that some leadership members of the PEA have chosen to bring charges of "conduct unbecoming" against me. Without any details about the exact nature of the complaint(s) or who is making them, I am being faced with a hearing before a Review Committee which has the power to recommend my removal from this elected office by the general membership.

Alternatively, I can resign and everything will go away.

I am ready to defend my conduct as a member and an elected officer of this union. I am going to insist on due process, decency and fair treatment. Too many members have suffered embarrassment and harassment in violation of their rights as PEA members and American citizens.

So, why am I fighting charges of "conduct unbecoming'? It's about Justice For All!

Peace,

Roni

3 comments:

  1. WE ARE WITH YOU RONI!!!!!! The current PEA administration is a disgrace to what any union stands for, they lie, cheat and steal and do NOTHING for the organization as a whole! We as members and I mean ALL members, DESERVE so much better but we will NEVER get it as long as the PEA president is in office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni, God is greater than all the world against you. Stand up for what you know is right. You are a person with outstanding integrity and credibility. You will overcome this obstacle.
    Be encouraged!

    Dee Dameron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a union! How good are they in defending their members from administrative actions like that?

    ReplyDelete