Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dr. Oz Supports American Education Week




(L to R: Monique McNair, Deborah, Johnson, and me with Dr. Oz)
Last week (November 11-17) was American Education Week, which is dedicated to celebrating the contributions of parents, education support professionals, and substitute teachers. To commemorate the week, The Dr. Oz Show taped a segment on ways to cheat to improve your health, wherein teachers battled to win bragging rights as “Health Cheats.” 

Plainfield Education Association members Monique McNair, Deborah Johnson and I represented a team from Plainfield High School, facing off against a team of wonderful educators representing Manhattan's Hunter College Elementary School. We taped the show last Wednesday at Dr. Oz's studio in New York, and I am happy to report that...WE WON! The show will air in December--I will let you know the air date!

Roni
 

Note: All data and information provided on this site is in the public domain and is for informational purposes only. This is a personal weblog. The opinions expressed here represent my own. --Veronica Taylor

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    You go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I lay in bed at 6:00 am in Chicago watching a rerun of the Dr Oz show, I saw that my highschool was being represented in a game. I graduated in 1977 from Plainfield High, so it was quite a treat to see a part of my past displayed on the screen. You ladies were brilliant and charming, and I practically burst with pride as I sat alone in this foreign land in the Midwest where no one has ever heard of Plainfield, New Jersey.

    Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete